What's new
What's new

10EE Feed/Half-nut Interlock Details - Length of Latch Pin?

ME1974

Plastic
Hi to all. I have a 1942 round dial (new to me), I am in process of performing "maintenance" that was neglected over the years before I became the owner. After pulling the apron, I found that the interlock latch arrangement between the half nut and forward/reverse knob was missing a 1/4" diameter pin that connects the lower half nut to the small sliding latch plate that engages a slot in the forward/reverse shaft, and the interlock was not operative. The pin slides in a diagonal slot in the latch plate. I'm planning to install a 1/4" hardened dowel pin to replace the missing pin, but I am not sure how long the pin should extend past the face of the half-nut it will be installed in. It has to extend at least as long as the thickness of the latch, and I would think a little more to assure it can't "pop out". :nutter:

Does anyone have information on the dimensions of this pin, or a pic of it installed on their apron?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards, Larry Snell

After perusing the forum, found some photos by Gernoff on his round dial rebuild. There is a good photo of the pin in question. It appears to be proud of the latch plate by about the thickness of the latch plate, so now I have something to go on. Thanks to Mr. Gernoff for his great posts of photos of his rebuild. I now have my answer. Regards, Larry SnellInterlockPin.jpg

Back