What's new
What's new

10EE Feed Rod Lead Screw Random Disengagement

BrettC

Plastic
Hi Guys,

Ran into a problem while single point threading and looking for some advice from some of the Monarch gurus on here. In a nutshell while threading to a shoulder I dislodged the part from the collet which unfortunately lodged between to tool and the collet face before I could disengage the half nut. :mad5::mad5:

Following this we are noticing the Feed Rod and Lead Screw will engage and spin to a point but then "kick out" and disengage. A brief diagnosis would seem to indicate a problem at the gear box output. I haven't been able to find a decent diagram of the engagement between the gear box output and the shaft(s) input. Also it's curious that the Feed Rod and Lead screw seem to disengage in a similar manner.

Is there a relatively easy way to access this portion of the gearbox to further diagnose?

Does this problem ring any obvious bells as to a potential culprit?

Thanks for any put on this.

There are several generations of quick change gear boxes used by monarch over the years.

A few pictures of what kind of quick change you have and you will find people here that have had what you are working with apart.

Bill

Back