What's new
What's new

10EE parts FS

ray french

Titanium
at present I am partting out a 1957 10EE with taper attachment.I would perfer to part it out as subassemblies i.e.
headstock complete/minus belt/pulley cover and splindle interlock rod
tailstock/minus barrel and handwheel etc.,etc.
could some of you guys take a stab at their general value before I post a complete list on commerse. Any help would be great!!! many thanks
Ray French

Ray,

since most of your potential market is probably reading this BBS, you would get the
best response just by naming your own price.
You will find out in a hurry whether it is too high or too low, that is the way of any
marketplace.

Dave

I'm with Dave - but then there's also eBay, where the price would be determined by the buyer(s).

I'll add that there are a few subassemblies that have value in and of themselves - the taper attachment (and the rest needed for the cross slide) and the tailstock (complete) are frequently needed items, and go for something of a premium. I believe that these sell well for the folks 'upgrading' an old tracer machine or adding a taper.

Wear or breakable parts (backgear box, tubes, feedscrews and nuts, etc.) sell pretty well as well, just because there's more buyers for them.

Things like the headstock & bed never seem to wear out and are difficult to sell. Beds are very hard to sell unless they're 30".

"A friend has a steady rest for a 10EE, anyone care to guess a the value of it?"

Steadies are very popular accessories for 10EEs.

Figure on $300, give-or-take, for a "new height" steady, and perhaps one-half that for an "old height" steady, even though "old height" accessories are rarer.

I guess there is lots of demand for "new height" accessories and not much demand for "old height" accessories.

"How can I tell if it's new or old height?"

An "old height" 10EE has a 12" swing; a "new height" 10EE has a 12.5" swing.

An "old height" steady will measure 6" from the base to the center of the through hole; "new height" steady will measure 6.25".

A steady is one of the few things that I don't have for this lathe. Having not gotten any response,good or bad there doesn't seem to be much in parts for this thing so look out scrapeyard here I come.

Ray,
I would also recommend E-bay. I would be interested in the lower cover for the belt motor assembly also, or John I would buy your old one with the extra holes if you get a better one. My latest 10EE is missing that cover.
[email protected]

Back