What's new
What's new

10EE Round Dial - gearbox bearings

desti

Plastic
Hi!

Can't find gearbox bearing list (and quantity). Disassemble for repair a few years ago, now I can't find old bearings. :(

I'm sure the easy way to answer this is to look up the specs on a drawing, but shouldn't the answer be easy? Measure the dimensions of the surfaces to be mated using the bearings and you will find the answer (in inches).

Bearings are easy to understand, there is the
Timkens ball bearing catalog at callahanbearing.com/timkenball.pdf

Timken bearing specification guide www.kosser.net/sites/default/files/catalogs/Bearing_Specification_Guide.pdf

Timken Industrial Seal Catalog https://www.timken.com/resources/industrial-seal-catalog/

Or just read all of the documents at Resources Archive | The Timken Company

It's all very simple

"look up the specs on a drawing"

Nice idea, but I have no drawings.

"Measure the dimensions"

Yep. For example 47x20 (metric). But I dont know height, analogs starts from 12mm.

Where i can find this manual?

That would be for a square dial. There is nothing equivalent for a round dial, this is the closest that I know of:

parts_e_04.jpg

The parts sheets covering these numbers only name the part numbers, no bearing numbers are given. You might be able to ask Monarch for the bearing IDs, but if they're still selling parts for the round dial lathes they're unlikely to give that information away. They might have all the bearings fairly cheap, it wouldn't hurt to ask for both sets of information (bearing IDs and price for all the bearings).

Ups.. Bad news.

Ok. It seems that I should remake everything on ordinary bearings.
Thanks!

Check with Monarch first, if that doesn't pan out there was a guy at General Bearings in Los Angeles who know most of the bearings on a 10EE. I'm sure that you can get either a set of bearings, a list of bearing numbers or a spare gearbox.

Back