What's new
What's new

10EE spare parts

b335249

Plastic
Hello all,
I am restoring an 1942 round dial and I'm in need of the smallest of the 4 inside of the gearbox. worst case I suppose I could make or modify one but would need help in finding the specs of the original. I also have a bronco 320 dc drive if anyone has a need.

Thanks!
Ben

Hello all,
I am restoring an 1942 round dial and I'm in need of the smallest of the 4 inside of the gearbox. worst case I suppose I could make or modify one but would need help in finding the specs of the original. I also have a bronco 320 dc drive if anyone has a need.

Thanks!
Ben

Which gearbox? Threading & surfacing, power reduction, down at the motor, or something in the apron?

Smallest of the 4 what? Fasteners? Something else?

I have a reduction gearbox CASE from a round-dial MG part-out, but not sure I have any parts for it at all.

Round-dial manuals have parts picture diagrams that map to lists of description and part number.

Less confusion if we all use the same nomenclature as Monarch did, even if it isn't what we are accustomed to in the present-day.

Have you ordered your manual from Monarch? If so, let's put it to work at paying its modest cost. If not, good idea to order one now.

PS: Seco/Bronco/Kollmorgen/Danaher drive has a 180 VDC output AFAIK. No use atall on a 230 VDC ++ 10EE.

Which gearbox? Threading & surfacing, power reduction, down at the motor, or something in the apron?

Smallest of the 4 what? Fasteners? Something else?

I have a reduction gearbox CASE from a round-dial MG part-out, but not sure I have any parts for it at all.

Round-dial manuals have parts picture diagrams that map to lists of description and part number.

Less confusion if we all use the same nomenclature as Monarch did, even if it isn't what we are accustomed to in the present-day.

Have you ordered your manual from Monarch? If so, let's put it to work at paying its modest cost. If not, good idea to order one now.

PS: Seco/Bronco/Kollmorgen/Danaher drive has a 180 VDC output AFAIK. No use atall on a 230 VDC ++ 10EE.

Ok. Let me try this again. The main motor gearbox that switches from direct drive to the back gears via a handle.
It is the smallest (of 4) that meshes with the largest gear. It is #29 on the parts diagram and probably is pinned to #30. I also need #22 but can make that if need be.

Thanks for all the help!
Ben

Ok. Let me try this again. The main motor gearbox that switches from direct drive to the back gears via a handle.
It is the smallest ^^^ GEAR ^^^(of 4) that meshes with the largest gear. It is #29 on the parts diagram and probably is pinned to #30. I also need #22 but can make that if need be.

Thanks for all the help!
Ben

OK. No Joy here. Gearboxes and parts are among the scarcest of 10EE goods because they are USUALLY retained even when a conversion to VFD is done. They also become worn or damaged, of course. Even "patience" is not assured of finding these parts in usable condition.

PM Member Zahnrad Kopf is IN the gearmaking biz - Day Job. He can make these, and may have already done some previously.

The Cast Iron shifter yoke can be made from steel bar if need be. So long as it clears stuff, the curves don't otherwise matter.

If you've kept the DC motor - with gobs of smooth torque - a gearbox locked in "direct" AKA open belt - or no gearbox atall isn't a major show-stopper. VFD'ed AC motors really need it most.

I just got my quote from Monarch....$975!!!

Not bad for one-off gears in general.

Monarch Lathes LP's primary advantage is that they have all the proper drawings, can be assured the parts they make will fit and serve, can dare to guarantee that. Anyone ELSE you ask to do the same has to share a risk with you that it could go wrong, or at least buy the drawings.

Otherwise, they are an Ohio, USA, present-day shop, present-day US taxes, US wages, US overheads much like any other US shop that has to make stuff from raw metals and price them to survive.

The 1940's and THEIR costs went away a long time ago, as did the production lines of Monarch Tool, rather later, but still - not exactly "recently".

I'm glad we have as much support as we have, and "lang may they prosper!"

Most other "Grand Old" lathes of the last century are 100% orphaned by this stage of the present century. One must DIY their parts out of high-alloy Unobtanium.

I just got my quote from Monarch....$975!!!

$975.00 for Four gears, from Monarch? That's actually cheaper than I would have expected, from them. Historically, they are typically MUCH more than that, per gear. I'd recommend that you consider paying them and be happy. ESPECIALLY if they are on the shelf and you can have them next week. And I say that as someone that makes gears almost every day.

I'd be happy to help, but you're going to wait three to four weeks minimum right now. And, while I try to bend over backwards to assist forum members in good standing, you are not going to save much with us. We have made Monarch ( and many other ) gears for SEVERAL other forum members over the years, so you can ask around to get an impression of quality and pricing from those that we have served. We also offer the Monarch 10EE Metric Threading Change Gear Kits once your machine is up and running. :cool:

We're here if you need.

Thank you for your reply. The price quotes was for 1 gear (the smallest in the gearbox). Because I have more time than money (currently) and in no real rush...I will probably go the route of finding a correct tooth/pitch gear and bore and broach.

Thanks again!
Ben

Back