What's new
What's new

10EE Square Dial Metric Threading Change Gear Kits Available Now

Zahnrad Kopf

Diamond
10EE Square Dial Metric Threading Change Gear Kits Dropping Now.

Professionally Hobbed to exacting standards, made of high quality steel, heat treated and tempered, and duplicating the original Monarch kit. Check the web store for details. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions. Taking orders now. Thank you.

Shop | American Machine & Gear Works

Last edited:
As the song goes... "If I only had a brain...."

Forgot the picture. :)

Square-Dial-Metric-Kit1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7983.jpg
    IMG_7983.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 305
I have a round dial set of these gears and I can honestly say the quality is first class. Definitely a worthwhile addition to your 10EE.

I am watching the gears on eBay. Exciting to see them pop up! I really want to have metric capability on one of my lathes... Is there any explanation of how the process works for using these gears?
I imagine it would be better to leave them in and designate my 10EE as my metric lathe? I also wondered if all of gears are installed together.
Any instruction on what is required to use these metric change gears would really help! I've only messed with change gears on lesser lathes.

I am watching the gears on eBay. Exciting to see them pop up! I really want to have metric capability on one of my lathes... Is there any explanation of how the process works for using these gears?
I imagine it would be better to leave them in and designate my 10EE as my metric lathe? I also wondered if all of gears are installed together.
Any instruction on what is required to use these metric change gears would really help! I've only messed with change gears on lesser lathes.

You raise an excellent point, and I want to thank you for the opportunity to address it. It is actually something we have been discussing with a few of the people that have bought our Kits.

I had thought that between the Monarch data available, the Metric Threading Change Gear Plates, and the fact that people knew that they needed one, that the Kits were self explanatory enough to be of immediate use to anyone desiring to have and use one.

As it turns out, I was wrong. A few people have asked for info. I am working on an instruction sheet that will be included with each Kit ( whether Round Dial or Square Dial ) and will also be putting the sheets up on our website, available for download by anyone that desires.

Also, how much are the thread data plates?

Those are actually made by forum member VetteBob. They are $45 USD, shipped. Because many of the people desiring them are buying our Kits, we have made arrangements with VetteBob to have them listed on our web store, alongside the Metric Threading Change Gear Kits. They will be the same $45 USD and purchasers will have the option of having the plate shipped with their Kit or directly to them. ( essentially drop-shipped )

We will make no profit from these and offer them solely as a service to people. All proceeds go directly to VetteBob.

Thanks.

Gears look beautiful! Plate looks beautiful!
This will expose my major lack of knowledge:
Do I have to take my gearbox apart to use these, or do I just remove the plate to expose those gears that you can see openly on a round dial? I just don't know how far into the gearbox I need to go...or if I have to at all. I'm hoping it's just exchanging those "outside" gears like I've done on a Sheldon or SB.

Thanks man! I was paranoid that it would involve major work. I imagine after some practice that changing those gears takes minutes, not hours.

Back