What's new
What's new

1940 10ee Sunstrand Manual

mike.thomas1

Aluminum
I hate being the newb on the site asking the trivial things but I am acquiring a 1940 10ee with the sunstrand drive. The machine operates beautifully and is quite complete. There are just simple things like switching from feed screw to lead (i know i know, but we couldn't pin it down, was blaming the machine for being cold in a 40º shop) and I love references. Ive heard I can approach monarch with a serial number but was not 100% sure they could present me a manual with the sun strand info. Does anybody have a digital version or original? I would happily compensate for the help. I have searched a bit on the ol' interwebs with no luck.

Hi Mike, congrats on the new 10EE. How about posting some photos? I'm interested in seeing which collet rack yours has.

Check with Russ Kepler, he has a dvd that includes the Sundstrand manual. BTW, the d in Sundstrand might help your web searches out.

-Dave

Mike,

Congratulations on the new machine!

Things like switching the headstock from feed to thread and getting the quick change gearbox set up are common to all round-dial 10EEs. But the manuals don't really tell you everything you need to know. For the headstock, you may need to rotate the spindle almost 360 degrees to get the dog clutch to line up (it only engages one place in a revolution of the spindle). The gearbox usually requires rotating the spindle as well to get the gears to line up.

Cal

Back