What's new
What's new

1971 Module drive parts needed / help identify parts

metal4130

Aluminum
Hello,

I just picked up this 1971 module drive 30" machine (50544) and it is the first EE I have owned. Was bought new by GE and that is who I bought it from. I have done a lot of reading on here and have the manuals on the way from Monarch but in the meantime I was hoping to get some help identifying some "spare" parts that were left in the cabinet. One is a cast cover of some sort and the other is a pin piece possibly for the back gear lock out? I see that has been disabled on my machine.

I am also looking for some parts. I need the cooling fan for the motor which is missing as well as the speed control potentiometer unit. I was told that was taken from this machine to install on another EE they had in the facility.

I am wanting to keep the drive all original so that is why I am after these pieces! Thanks!

P.S. How do I rotate photos here?

IMG_5766.jpgIMG_5763.jpgIMG_5759.jpgIMG_5757.jpgIMG_5769.jpg

You might call Monarch and see what they have in used parts. When I was there two years ago, they had a whole room full of 30" 10EEs that they were going to re-manufacture. I don't think they reuse any of the Modular drive parts.

Cal

Cast cover in second picture looks like the box the speed pot goes inside - so maybe they took it off and just grabbed the innerds. Not sure on the pin as I don’t recall seeing something like that (of course that does not mean it is not there as I have never stripped everything). Call advice on checking with monarch is probably the best place to start.

Good luck
Paul

Thank you guys. I received a call from the auctioneer that they found the speed potentiometer and cast bracket from this machine. The potentiometer looks new and tests fine so that is great news. I got my manuals and the mystery pin is definitely for the back gear lock out. I need to take that pulley off and see if the solenoid for the lock out is still there. I've reviewed the wiring diagrams and have everything I hopefully need to convert this from 460V to 230V. Should have power to the machine soon to begin testing.

I am still looking for a cooling fan if anyone has one!

Back