What's new
What's new

1998 Purple Red 10EE at auction.

Yes doubtful they have new castings produced. I do( or did, haven't checked in a while) know they(what is left of monarch) sell as new lathes that are basically rebuilt machines.

I am not a 10eeafile so don't know nor care at this time about the nuances of the castings etc. over the years. This could change in the future, but really just curious what a machine like this is going for at auction today.Just saw it in passing in one of the hundreds of auction emails I get.

The color is between putrid and almost likable, don't know rather to laugh, cry, or smile at it.

I think when Monarch does a rebuild they keep the original serial number and add an "R" at the end. Can anyone confirm this? Serial number given for this is "38925-R". According to _Serial Number Reference Book_, which is said to contain errors, serial number 38925 would have been built in 1953.
David

Was a indeed a rebuilt machine using an early 50's model as a foundation. This one did not have the back gear feature and instead had a 10 hp AC motor with a TB Woods VFD installed. It was reported to have sold for over $25k at auction according to the auction company.

Monarch does build new machines with new beds, headstock and tailstock castings, apron & carriage castings, etc. at a minimum.

Was a indeed a rebuilt machine using an early 50's model as a foundation. This one did not have the back gear feature and instead had a 10 hp AC motor with a TB Woods VFD installed. It was reported to have sold for over $25k at auction according to the auction company.

Monarch does build new machines with new beds, headstock and tailstock castings, apron & carriage castings, etc. at a minimum.

Thank you very much for this information to the effect that Monarch, in fact, does use new castings when building new 10EE's.
David
s

Back