What's new
What's new

20' Monarch lathe

geoffmickelson

Plastic
I have a 20" Monarch serial #37410 built in 10 of 1952 it has an air tracer on it and I want to put a regular cross slide on it How can I find a cross slide for it thank you

You could go to Surplusrecord.com and click on Wanted. You need to put in some dimensions and take some pictures of the cross-slide saddle section so when someone responds you can send them something. Also Machinetools.com has a similar wanted site. Most of the used machinery dealers in the country will get an email with your wanted ad. Many of them have a parts department. Also this forum has a wanted and forsale forum. List there. Good luck...

PS: If not you maybe able to fit another brand to your machine or you could have a machine rebuilder make one.

Wait it out on ebay. Monarch will possibly have a used one for obscene amounts. A machine dealer would be slightly cheaper, but far less likely to have. And if you are a hobbyist you wont pay that much.

I had one from a big monarch. Sold it on ebay about a year ago. I think it weighed 85 lbs.

I have a 20" Monarch serial #37410 built in 10 of 1952 it has an air tracer on it and I want to put a regular cross slide on it How can I find a cross slide for it thank you

It would help to know the model number, and a picture or two of your lathe will aid anyone trying to help.

FWIW, I have an 27" (rated diameter) 1945 NN that's probably too big to work on your machine, but the cross slide will be surplus due to a planned conversion to CNC (I'll be making my own).

What model or series of lathe is this? Series 60/61? A picture would help. Some of the tracers Monarch supplied could be used in manual mode, but you loose some features.

Back