What's new
What's new

45 mg 10ee

perky

Plastic
Machine will run for about a minute under load then the one on the right kicks out. What do i have to do to fix this? thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG_20180205_214116667_LL_LI.jpg
    IMG_20180205_214116667_LL_LI.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 127
Machine will run for about a minute under load then the one on the right kicks out. What do i have to do to fix this? thanks for the help

Assuming that those are the overloads you might check the DC current to the armature and see if it's about what's expected (I'd expect something less than 12-15 amps with the speed knob about in the middle of its travel). Overloads can age and it could be popping early.

If the current looks OK it'd be time to check armature and field voltages and field current. It could be that your generator isn't getting the voltage high enough that the current isn't unreasonable.

Check your AC current on each leg at full load if one is to high you may need the MG rewound.:cryin:
Also make sure there is not a mechanical reason loading the MG (bad bearings).

We need more information. What speed are you running at when it trips. Is it tripping when you start/stop the machine? Is this something new?

The overload in the right handles overloads from the DC exciter. Possible sources are spindle motor field, DC generator field, a problem with the generator rheostat or a near short on the DC control panel (unlikely).

Cal

Back