What's new
What's new

Complete Monarch 10ee MG Drive Setup For Sale

SlinginChips

Plastic
I have a complete motor generator drive system for a Monarch 10ee for sale. I outfitted the donor lathe with a Brushless A/C servo. The donor lathe was purchased from Boeing in Kent, Washington. I purchased the machine wired 440v anticipating the ability to swap it over to low voltage. I had the machine shipped and to my surprise the MG had been rewound at some point and the low voltage leads were never brought back out of the case. With that said, I am offering this drive setup for sale. Without at minimum a relead on the MG this setup will only run 440v but is in good running condition. Included is the Motor Generator, the exciter, the 3hp DC motor, an externally mounted Cutler Hammer control box which contains all the contactors, braking resistors, fuses, disconnect etc. along with several brushes for the D/C motor and some contacts for the D/C contactors. Make me a reasonable offer and I'll be happy to help someone out. This drive system is located in Cumming, GA. I can help arrange freight shipping if needed. I'll post pictures later this afternoon.

Thanks,
Ryan

A rewire to 220/230/240 volt (these machines will actually run on 208 volts, as my 1944 model will attest to) is probably possible.

But, if THAT much effort is being put into it, then WHY not just convert it to an HAS-type (sometimes, by others, called a Haas-HAS conversion), and to run it on single-phase power.

The special fixture was disclosed by another poster, and can be duplicated in most home shops which have elementary metal fabrication tools.

OK I'm happy now. I didn't think to check the posting dates, good point after 3 months you certainly gave them a fair chance.

Back