What's new
What's new

EE Round Dial Power Feed Issue

CreeCustomGuns

Plastic
I have a 1945 10EE round dial that i now have powered up. All if good except for the cross-feed. The cross-feed is constantly linked to the power feed. If I pull round push/pull that is just below the lever for the cross-feed drive, the cross-feed engages and begins to move. I have taken the tension cap off of the clutch and it still does not disengage. I have tried all that I know of doing and it will not disengage. I have noticed that block-like assembly in the center of the clutch assembly has a lot more in and out play in it than the carriage-feed clutch.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you!

20170913_015156.jpg

Looks like the problem was just a stuck mechanism. I put some resistance on the rotating crank and it popped loose. Running perfectly now. I assume there are some clutch plates or something in the mechanism that were stuck?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Looks like the problem was just a stuck mechanism. I put some resistance on the rotating crank and it popped loose. Running perfectly now. I assume there are some clutch plates or something in the mechanism that were stuck?

Probably - while there's an interlock to keep you from engaging feed with the halfnuts engaged there's nothing to keep you from engaging both feeds at the same time.

Back