What's new
What's new

Hit the jackpot...I Think!!

ktbceres

Plastic
Hi All... So on a couple of my previous posts, I asked for some help dealing with a few drive issues on my 10EE which for the most part I have solved (thanks for the help here!). My machine is near pristine on the mechanical side but had these few wiring, tube and relay issues. I did a relatively in-depth clean up and repaint, replaced some bearings and have a great machine that looks like new. I originally got this machine about a year ago from a tool room at a large factory. It is a basic machine, no ELSR and no taper attachment. Well a couple of weeks ago, they called me back and asked if I wanted to look at a couple more machines they had cause I was so excited about the first one. Well... went down last week and they have a 30" 10EE with ELSR and taper. I powered it up and it ran perfectly. Pretty dirty but all there and doesn't look worn out. They told me they do not believe it had been turned on for over 20yrs!!
Second machine...A standard length 10EE that is a bit rougher. Its complete but it wasn't hooked up so I couldn't run it. It's a bit rusty on the hand-wheels but the ways were clean. This machine is also ELSR and taper equipped. The end covers were off which tells me they were probably working on it and gave up. The tool makers said they never saw it run the whole time they were there, about 25yrs.
I could not get the serial numbers but they both appear to be early 60's modular machines although the 30" has the extra sight glasses in the headstock..I thought I saw somewhere that means its an early modular??
The best part.... free if I removed them from the factory (no small task by the way, as they are on a second floor with a non working freight elevator!). Of course I said yes! Well, the rigging company has figured out a plan and I will be getting them this Tuesday...I'll send pictures. Oh, added bonus, follow rest and steady rest withe the 30" along with about 1/2 dozen chucks (3, 4 and 6 jaw) back plates, collet closers and assorted tooling. Not sure of the condition but I'm pretty happy. will be much happier when I get everything in my shop!

Ha...not really gloating...When my over the top enthusiasm and excitement was met with a shoulder shrug from my wife, I just had to share it with people who would appreciate this!!!

well, I no longer have a wife to worry about, but man! Gloating or not, rub our noses in it, will ya! Just kidding.

That's a killer deal. I'd be tripping over myself trying to get them home right that minute! Sweeeeet!

Sounds like you hit pay dirt,
I think you should go buy a lotto ticket.
Look around for any 10EE tooling or a Monarch cabinet.
Best of luck on your move.
You might want to remove the tubes on the modular units before the move.

Hal

That is for sure the best deal I have ever heard of.
Lucky they are only on the second floor. My BIL had printing presses like 20 tons on the 8th floor, That was $$ to move through the windows.
That 30" sounds like scrap, I'll take it off your hands if you need me to, N/C. LOL

Here are the pics...10 ee #2.jpg2 10EE on trailer.jpg10EE #2 rt side.jpg10EE 30.jpg

What looks like rust on the ways is actually grime...cleaned off a few spots and the ways are in great shape. The 30" machine definitely has seen more use, although I did get to run it and everything worked. The 20" machine appears to have very little use but was in a different area of the building and saw more dirt and grim on it. There are a few rusty spots but nothing horrible.

The pictures look great. How did the move go ?
How did they get them off the second story ?
Are the two boxes on the rear of the trailer Monarch tool cabinets?

Hal

Back