What's new
What's new

How easy to take electric box off of Headstock on HLV-H

PWP

Hot Rolled
I will be picking up HLV next Friday. To get it in my garage and under a hoist I need more clearance. Removing this will get the job done. Anybody removed one before?

Paul

The wiring is the easy part.
The speed indicator rod may take some fussing with to disconnect and get out of the box. Once that is taken care of, the box can now be swung out of the way.

Bill

I will be picking up HLV next Friday. To get it in my garage and under a hoist I need more clearance. Removing this will get the job done. Anybody removed one before?

Paul

I'd build a timber cradle, steel angle foot plate, tilt it over, upright it indoors, not have to remove it nor re-install it at all.

Did so. Twice. Lots of strategic blocking and padding, lots of ratchet straps and rope.

Single-handed a 5250 Avoir Quartet combo mill and a 4,400 Avoir (IIRC) Alzmetall AB/5S that way a while back.

Too tall. Heads or entire turret had BEEN off them and put back on. Outdoors or under a taller carport.

Had no room under an 8-foot ceiling to have put them back together once indoors, though.

2CW Well.. closer to $200 worth. But the materials are re-usable.

Back