What's new
What's new

looking to trade my monarch model K 16 x 54 for a smaller tool room size lathe

penaltybox99

Plastic
hi folks, first post so I wanted to see if I'm in the right spot. Im looking to sell or trade my monarch model K for a smaller lathe as I'm downsizing. the lathe is old but in use daily. I live in north west FL so I'm not sure if there are any equipment dealers near me that might consider a trade. I have emailed the gentlemen at Plaza Machine but have not heard back if he is up and running. Im looking to get $5500 if I sell it outright. thanks for any direction you can give me.
IMG_0903.jpgIMG_0904.jpgIMG_0905.jpgIMG_0906.jpgIMG_0901.jpg

I had pretty much the same lathe in good shape and more or less gave it away. I have nothing bad to say about these Monarch lathes but around here they sell for closer to $500 US than $5000.

Any input?

Dual-track the project.

Sell this one. Look for a replacement independently, rather than as a trade.
Hard enough to accomplish ONE transaction without tying it to an equally difficult one is all.

Meanwhile "downsize, how" ??

A 10EE, a Hardinge, a nice Sheldon doesn't take up a great deal less floor space.

You might give up a good deal on ability to mount and work longer material for rather small gain in saved space.

Unless... small Schaublin? Derbyshire? SB 9?

Part of why a trade is not so easy, yah?

I had pretty much the same lathe in good shape and more or less gave it away. I have nothing bad to say about these Monarch lathes but around here they sell for closer to $500 US than $5000.

I paid less than $1000 for a Monarch CY 16x54 and it's camlock with a taper attachment.

Already got a toolroom lathe as well, don't think I'd want to part with either of them, different uses.

PDW

Back