What's new
What's new

Modular very suddenly won’t run

rklopp

Diamond
I was turning parts at about 1800 RPM with lots of starting and stopping, and all of a sudden, the spindle wouldn’t start in forward or reverse. One minute it works fine, and the next minute, nothing. The fuses are closed, the circuit breaker next to the module is not tripped, the time delay relay works, the main contactor pulls in, the spindle lock interlock relay logic works. I pulled the module and it ran after a pulse of the start lever, but then quit responding again. There was a big arc, I think from the QSD relay when I pulsed without the module, and I have seen that before, so I don’t think it is the issue. The speed seems to run wild without the module, which is why I pulse it.

I guess I need to tip out the tubes and have a look. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking something major with the C3J. But that's just because the tubes are the #1 source of trouble and there's only the one.

Have you looked at the problem debugging list in the manual?

I'm thinking something major with the C3J. But that's just because the tubes are the #1 source of trouble and there's only the one.

Have you looked at the problem debugging list in the manual?

Not yet. This is a lousy time for a breakdown, as I need to be making parts, not fixing machines. Fortunately, I have the Chipmaster to keep me going.

It turns out one of the pigtails on the anti-plugging (AP) relay broke. The referral to the manual was spot-on. Thanks!
a9278c87b8d9c56bcfb2ff56e380cbbf.jpg
a2a81a6d7f1ba926406f073e6f22fff6.jpg

Back