What's new
What's new

monarch 12CK

robdiesel.707

Plastic
Well I didn't relize I was in the wrong forum. I picked up this lathe off Craigslist for $600. I've got it tore down and about got it ready to work. I cleaned the gearbox out in the headstock and did clean the pockets out also. Got the pump working. I did find a 1/4" bolt about 1.5" lond in the bottom of the sump. It looks like it was droped in there, as the head of the bolt had been sawed off as evidence of the saw marks. I can see no place that this bolt belongs, so I can assume that it was droped in there at some point in time. There was some cheese/rust on the bottom of some gears but the flushing I did and letting the ATF do it's thing has left the headstock gears in great shape. I have the ways clean and the crossfeed ready to go back together. I did call Monarch with the serial # ect. but there wasn't anyone with the knowlage to help me. But the lady did tell me the parts were still available. I will take the pump out of the apron and clean and sevice it. I was writing in the wrong forum, the rest of the conversation is in the tools wanted forum I guess, I kinda bad that way but will make sure I post in the correct forum from now on. So far I'm impressed with the purchase price, as the lathe is panning out with the help of elbow grease. I have put power to the lathe and also impressed with how quite it runs in all gear selections. Mike

Back