What's new
What's new

Monarch 13x30 and 16x30 Available near Portland, Oregon

Looks like both machines may have had tracer attachments at one time. They both look pretty tired despite the paint on the 16.

Looks like both machines may have had tracer attachments at one time. They both look pretty tired despite the paint on the 16.
I could be happy with the little one but five grand ... it's probaly worth it, you're not going to get anything that good new for that but still. The tracer might be useful sometimes ... I don't see the hydraulic unit but those aren't hard to find. Dunno ewls, the ways don't look so awful.

I didn't take note of the catalog letter model, but if I'd room in my shop I would have jumped on it (only 25 miles away). It was raised in the sand for over 20" swing, 22.5" iirc but I may misremember.

Thanks! I saw the 16x30 size, combined with the fact a long-bed 10EE was involved as well, and wanted to make sure it wasn’t a 1000 or 13 EE.....

The 16x30 showed up again in Portland, OR, Craigslist.

I wish I had the space for it. The busted levers and missing cranks say it needs some TLC, but still ...

Attachments

• Monarch16x30raised.jpg
    Monarch16x30raised.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Monarch16x30raised2.jpg
    Monarch16x30raised2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 260
That has a tracer setup almost identical to what I have on one of the long-bed 10EEs... The compound does not swivel.

I would say market value would be very low on a model 60 with a tracer... probably half of what it would be worth as a regular lathe.

Alex K.

Back