What's new
What's new

Monarch 60/61 disassembly

Baitshop

Aluminum
Hello everybody. I just picked up a Monarch series 60 16x54 toolroom lathe. The lady from Monarch told me that it's a late series 60 with 61 series features. I'm assuming this is because it has the enclosed gearbox for the threading gears. I'll start a thread on the machine when I have some time to upload more pictures. My question at this point involves disassembly. I have the threading gearbox(I'm sure I'm referring to this incorrectly) unbolted from the machine. It is loose, but it does not slide out more than an inch. Something is hanging it up. I though that perhaps the spindle gearbox on top(headstock?) had to be removed to get the threading gearbox out, but I can't get the last clamp bolt out to move that either. I'm being super careful obviously, so I gave up last night so I could do some research today. Up to this point I haven't found any relevant information. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jared

Disregard. I looked at a little closer tonight and there was just a small lip on the bottom front of the threading gearbox that needed to be elevated before it could slide out.

Please make photos and notes of every disassembly/reassembly step and post them in a separate thread. They will be invaluable for many members (including yourself) later.

Please make photos and notes of every disassembly/reassembly step and post them in a separate thread. They will be invaluable for many members (including yourself) later.

I will, MichaelP. I'm spending all my spare time lately working on the machine. I have been taking pictures so at some point I will get a thread going on the machine.

Back