What's new
What's new

Monarch CW 16"

gregfortin

Aluminum
IMG_2286.jpgIMG_2290.jpgHi All. I'm new to the forum. I recently bought an old Monarch and am trying to get it into running order. Unfortunately, sometime in the past it was moved with a forklift and two miter gears and two castings that support the drive shaft were broken. Has anyone heard of a parts machine out there? I know it's a long shot. I will probably attempt to repair the broken castings. Any advise regarding having new miter gears made? Thank you Greg Fortin.

Last edited:
The only miter gears I can think of on the CW 16 is the clutch linkage. Are you referring to this assembly?

Hi All. I'm new to the forum. I recently bought an old Monarch and am trying to get it into running order. Unfortunately, sometime in the past it was moved with a forklift and two miter gears and two castings that support the drive shaft were broken. Has anyone heard of a parts machine out there? I know it's a long shot. I will probably attempt to repair the broken castings. Any advise regarding having new miter gears made? Thank you Greg Fortin.

Attachments

• DCP_0285.jpg
    DCP_0285.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 127
  • DCP_0286.jpg
    DCP_0286.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 125
  • DCP_0287.jpg
    DCP_0287.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 113
  • DCP_0288.jpg
    DCP_0288.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 120
Boston Gear (among others) stocks bevel/miter gears. Give us a tooth count and maximum diameter - maybe something is available

Post photos of broken castings

Back