What's new
What's new

Monarch ID

bellaireroad

Aluminum
I am corresponding with a gentleman who is selling this Monarch to benefit a Children's home. It was apparently in a machine shop and the owner took it home when he retired. He really doesn't know much about it. The only info he was able to provide was that it had 54" center, was made in 1950, and the number 33442, which may be a serial number. He did not know the swing. It comes with a DRO and some extra chucks. He does have a friend who was a machinest all his life that can inspect it if we decide to go that far.

I noticed in the picture that it has the number 6 stenciled on the headstock and tailstock. Does this have any significance? IE, did it come out of a production environment, or ex military? Any info you can provide is appreciated. thanks

Attachments

• 439B7E6B-32DE-4ADB-A836-A6EBFFBAEA4A_zpsjbg4l1fn.jpg
    439B7E6B-32DE-4ADB-A836-A6EBFFBAEA4A_zpsjbg4l1fn.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 140
I am corresponding with a gentleman who is selling this Monarch to benefit a Children's home. He doesn't know much about it. It was apparently in a machine shop and the owner took it home when he retired. He really doesn't know much about it. The only info he was able to provide was that it had 54" center, was made in 1950, and the number 33442, which may be a serial number. He did not know the swing. It comes with a DRO and some extra chucks. He does have a friend who was a machinest all his life that can inspect it if we decide to go that far.

I noticed in the picture that it has the number 6 stenciled on the headstock and tailstock. Does this have any significance? IE, did it come out of a production environment, or ex military? Any info you can provide is appreciated. thanks

Not the best of photos. Ask them to photograph the data plates. Meanwhile, compare with this one and seek more with search tools, PM or 'wherever':

Monarch 16 CW Engine Lathe 18 1 2" x 54" 7 1 2 HP w Taper Attachment | eBay

Back