What's new
What's new

Need a 1952 10ee limit switch replacement.

Boeingone

Plastic
I am converting my Monarch 10 EE to run off of single phase 220.
The machine was retro fit it in the 80s and the electronics I am removing had circuitry for a Limit switch.
So I need to find a limit switch for the 3 hp DC motor
Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Randy

I am converting my Monarch 10 EE to run off of single phase 220.
The machine was retro fit it in the 80s and the electronics I am removing had circuitry for a Limit switch.
So I need to find a limit switch for the 3 hp DC motor
Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Randy

Only switch I can think of as 'worth' retrofitting to the motor would be a thermal one to protect against overheating.

Given it WAS a retrofit, anything sane should work, depending on WHERE it is placed on or IN the motor. The needed goods are common as both thermistors and as actual 'switches'.

A DC Drive such as the Parker-SSD 514C can work with either, temp ramp for a thermistor is in the manual.

Given that I am likely to NOTICE any such overheat situation, I just run mine jumpered to 'ignore'.

You haven't specified what drive (nor even motor, actually..) but you probably have the same option.

Ah.. "most especially as" .. you said you were REMOVING that drive!

:)

For wotever NEW drive you have in mind, a 'show stopper' it can be made to be if you have a concern about a klewless operator - as the retrofit implementor must have had - ELSE NOT.

Hard to know what switch you mean, If it has a ELSR those micro switches are quite standard. If it had a switch on the spindle lock, or on the backgear shifter, those are also a standard, and available.
I use the word Standard to mean available in catalogs, Newark, Allied, Element14 etc.

Hard to know what switch you mean, If it has a ELSR those micro switches are quite standard. If it had a switch on the spindle lock, or on the backgear shifter, those are also a standard, and available.
I use the word Standard to mean available in catalogs, Newark, Allied, Element14 etc.

I can't find limit switch on the spindle lock, carriage
,or backgear shifter.
Is it buried/hidden somewhere???
Any tips on finding it?
Thanks
Randy

Back