What's new
What's new

PhotoBucket Picture Restore

musial

Plastic
Hi all,

I am sure I am not the only one on here that is frustrated by the photobucket shenanigans that has left a lot of good threads lacking of some important photos. Just wanted to let everyone know a co-worker of mine found a Google Chrome extension that fixes all the missing photos while browsing. Just tested it on a few of the stickied posts and it works excellent. The extension is called "Photobucket hotlink fix". Can be easily found in the Chrome web store by searching "photobucket". This extension is free FYI. Just wanted to share this since there is a lot of old content on here that is important to have the pictures.

Here is a screenshot of the extension-

Capture.jpg

-Kevin

What really needs to be done would be to integrate something like that to fetch the pictures to the server and replace the photobucket link with a local link. Maybe someone at vBulletin is doing something like that?

I recall being very surprised with the general feeling that turning on machine control features that had not been 'paid' for was wrong . . . now a company wishes to be paid a small amount for people to host pictures, and everyone seems to be upset. Go figure.

I recall being very surprised with the general feeling that turning on machine control features that had not been 'paid' for was wrong . . . now a company wishes to be paid a small amount for people to host pictures, and everyone seems to be upset. Go figure.

Red,
I agree with you, if they would have notified the user previous to shutting it down. But to hold it ransom for 400 bucks was a little much.

Last edited:
What really needs to be done would be to integrate something like that to fetch the pictures to the server and replace the photobucket link with a local link. Maybe someone at vBulletin is doing something like that?

There is already at least one project that does that. However, Don would need to agree to it and someone would need the access, etc.

Regarding the plug-ins to work-around the issue temporarily - at least one author slipped in a hidden feature that skimmed Amazon referral bonus money from anyone running the plug-in.

Back