What's new
What's new

Tachometer

There is no difference in the drive gears. You should change motor and spindle pulleys however - otherwise you could easily over rev the 2500 rpm tach.

-Dave

Possibly we are talking about different models of tachs?

The 4000 rpm tach indicates 4000 rpm at the same point on the clock face that the 2500 rpm tach indicates 2500. I've had both tachs apart and they use different parts (1940 4000 rpm and 1942 2500 rpm).

Dave

Thanks for the help. Now if I can find a 2500 tach instead of my 4000. I've installed a VFD and changed the pulley size already. I'll program it for a max of 2500 rpm. I also need three of the little brass plugs that screw into the oil fill holes and one of the little knurled washers and screws that are used for the gib adjusting screws. I have only used one of these 10EE's a couple of times, at least 15 years ago and never forgot it. It runs sooooo smooth. I'd like to say thanks to everyone who posts on here, you've been a lot of help while I get this thing up and running.

skydvr:

Scott at MONARCH listed a few 2500 rpm tacs
for sale last summer ??? .

Search under " 2500 RPM tachs " on the Monarch forum.

He might still have a few .

Good luck.

Hal

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001124

I believe that is the post you're looking for. But why install a 2500 rpm tach? 4000 rpm is one of the benefits of these machines, I would never give that up unless it was being put into some kind of production environment where maximum horsepower at a certain speed was more important than overall versatility. Still, you know what you want.

Ed

Back