What's new
What's new

Rivett 1020S - seeking tailstock

youngjoonni

Plastic
Well, this is a shot in the dark but if anyone has a lead to a rivett 1020s tailstock, LMK!

I just picked up my untested Rivett from a local auction. She's in need of some TLC but has alot of promise. I'll post pictures later.

Ouch. I can't imagine one of those lying around all alone.
Probably have to buy another lathe just to get the tailstock.
Wonder if anyone on this forum has made a tailstock from scratch.
Or adapt one from another lathe like a 10ee. But those have a 2mt and the 3mt on the Rivett is really nice. Greg.

Hi,

I've got a spare tail stock from a 1020s that I saved from a machine being scrapped - not the greatest of shape, but seems to be all there. If you've got a complete original steadyrest or follower rest for your 1020 I would trade it for that, otherwise $650 cash + ship(heavy). As you can see from the rest of your machine these are works of art and would be hard to duplicate.
Contact me by PM if interested.

WOW, That's awesome. An orphan 1020s tailstock. I sure would like to find a steady and follower too.
But I'm sure I'll make one before I ever find one. Greg.

WOW, That's awesome. An orphan 1020s tailstock. I sure would like to find a steady and follower too.
But I'm sure I'll make one before I ever find one. Greg.

I need a steady rest for mine too. I can't believe this guys found his tail stock. Lucky boy!!!

Well, this is a shot in the dark but if anyone has a lead to a rivett 1020s tailstock, LMK!

I just picked up my untested Rivett from a local auction. She's in need of some TLC but has alot of promise. I'll post pictures later.

You better buy a lottery ticket, your on a roll!

I'll send you a pm!

Hi,

I've got a spare tail stock from a 1020s that I saved from a machine being scrapped - not the greatest of shape, but seems to be all there. If you've got a complete original steadyrest or follower rest for your 1020 I would trade it for that, otherwise $650 cash + ship(heavy). As you can see from the rest of your machine these are works of art and would be hard to duplicate.
Contact me by PM if interested.

Well, a deal is in the works. I can't even describe the surprise and elation I feel right now! Grinning ear to ear!

It's going take major work to restore but I believe that this project will be worth all the time and money once it is finished. My garage is full of projects but this is to be my crown jewel once restored.

Cleaned up the ways. Rusted badly in some areas but shouldn't affect anything once removed.

20150727_180457.jpg20150727_180450.jpg

Inside the headstock looks beautiful though!

20150727_180548.jpg20150727_180616.jpg

Found a label in the undercarriage on the clutch adjustment procedure. Don't recall seeing it on the net before so here it is.

20150729_200321.jpg

Was it sitting outside? It looks like there is scoring on the compound. Do you plan to restore it to its former glory by rescraping it?

Was it sitting outside? It looks like there is scoring on the compound. Do you plan to restore it to its former glory by rescraping it?

It was sitting outside for awhile. How long? The guy didn't know. "Awhile" was his reply.

I want to get it operational first and evaluate the situation. I eventually do plan on reconditioning the ways. Eventually being the key word!

Back