What's new
What's new

Series 60/61 Cross Feed Screw Angular Contact Bearings: Proper Installation?

TheOldCar

Stainless
I am currently refurbishing the carriage and apron on my 13X30 Series 60, and just realized I don't remember which way the 4 feed screw bearings face when installed.

At first I didn't realize they were angular contact bearings and almost bought regular ball bearings of the same size. :eek: The bearings are New Departure 0L01 and cross to a 7001 bearing (if I'm researching right).

As I looked up many different bearings online, I came across info saying they must be installed facing the proper direction for axial load. I am worried about the chance of installing them all backwards! Anyone care to tell me how the 4 bearings should be installed??

Last edited:
I think when you've got a four bearing set, it's more likely to be set up like this: >><< if they're "universal" ground. You can check with your bearing vendor's engineering department to confirm.

I think when you've got a four bearing set, it's more likely to be set up like this: >><< if they're "universal" ground. You can check with your bearing vendor's engineering department to confirm.

Dangit! I was wondering about that just now...

Back