What's new
What's new

Sqr dial 10EE steady and follow rest for trade

Alain

Aluminum
Hi

A while back I purchased 3 Monarch 10EE lathes in very bad condition. Two of the monarch 10EEs were square dials and one was a round dial. We restored one of each but the round dial did not come with any tooling and I ended up with it. I did get a very nice carbide insert follow rest and a steady rest but they are both for the newer square dial 10EEs.

Rather than machine down the rests, I would prefer to trade them with other(s) who may be in the same situation who own square dials and have the shorter round dial rests.

Attached are the photos.

Al

Attachments

• P5270026.jpg
    P5270026.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 197
  • P5270027.jpg
    P5270027.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 261
Second in line for the follow rest purchase. I really need one so if Scott passes let me know!

EDIT -

... annnnnnnd my crappy reading comprehension bites me in the butt... Still interested, but do have a Round Dial as well...

Hi

A while back I purchased 3 Monarch 10EE lathes in very bad condition. Two of the monarch 10EEs were square dials and one was a round dial. We restored one of each but the round dial did not come with any tooling and I ended up with it. I did get a very nice carbide insert follow rest and a steady rest but they are both for the newer square dial 10EEs.

Rather than machine down the rests, I would prefer to trade them with other(s) who may be in the same situation who own square dials and have the shorter round dial rests.

Attached are the photos.

Al

There may have been more than one style of follow-rest for both era's. I was not in the room.

But the "low-height" Round Dial (not all WERE 'low height'.. only the early ones) that I just acquired through the good graces of another PM Member is of a much simpler configuration, has a single 'Vee block' sliding tip rather than the three adjustables shown on yours.

Bill

I might have a steady and follow rest to trade. PM me if you are interested and we can exchange pictures ect.

Carbide insert follow rest

Hi

It appears that this great follow rest was only made for the squire dial 10EE and there is no trading it for a lower height one.

I may put it on Ebay

Back