What's new
What's new

Thoughts on if this 10EE is worth taking a chance on!

Frizzen

Aluminum
It’s as is with no possible inspection. I think it will be priced very low, maybe at scrap price. 20 inch, 1950, 12.5 swing.

1FDDE70B-6D3D-4F16-AB6B-644EE0608C13.jpg
4BD3BAC4-2A1D-4C1A-8DC3-1E3F3D85D446.jpg
27F0BBD8-70FB-477D-93A6-ADFA92931CDE.jpg

It’s as is with no possible inspection. I think it will be priced very low, maybe at scrap price. 20 inch, 1950, 12.5 swing.

View attachment 221079
View attachment 221080
View attachment 221081

I do not have it saved, but am fair certain that very 10EE has been discussed at least once on PM.

Better photo may confirm it as a relatively uncommon high-precision production version with turret, but not equipped for threading. If you have a NEED for that? Then the usual: "condition, condition..." .and, these days, could a Haas or similar do what you need for "production" much better?

Back conversion to a universal tasking "toolroom" model would be challenging, and not assured of success at any reasonable spend.

Enough parts are common, a part-out of most removables could be a more profitable end for it by far , than smelting, outright.

2 1/2 CW

Thanks Thermite.

It may have been discussed but is being auctioned off tomorrow not far from me. It appears to have controls for threading but I really know nothing about these machines. Here are more pictures.

A48AF87B-37C7-484F-B45B-5F645863EF11.jpg
F4624674-588A-4BD2-ADF2-6CCE221F82CB.jpg
825AA5AD-74C3-4357-8036-8561E4F1B1A6.jpg

I really don’t think I have an interest in this. Have enough projects now. I don’t think the auction company knows what it is...they are calling it a machine tool. I believe for that reason there are no bids on it at this time. Rigging could also be an issue, from the the auctioneers examples it looks like fees could be $400 to get it loaded.

Here’s the link to the auction. The auction is in the Mitchell, South Dakota area. Pictures are better on that site.

Machine tool | Auctions Online | Proxibid

Bob

I’m not any kind of expert in pricing of this stuff but some of this equipment seems reasonable at this point in the auction. Will be interesting to see how things end up. I would guess this type of equipment doesn’t come up on auctions very often in the middle of SD.

Thanks Thermite.

It may have been discussed but is being auctioned off tomorrow not far from me. It appears to have controls for threading but I really know nothing about these machines. Here are more pictures.

View attachment 221099
View attachment 221100
View attachment 221101

I really don’t think I have an interest in this. Have enough projects now. I don’t think the auction company knows what it is...they are calling it a machine tool. I believe for that reason there are no bids on it at this time. Rigging could also be an issue, from the the auctioneers examples it looks like fees could be $400 to get it loaded.

Here’s the link to the auction. The auction is in the Mitchell, South Dakota area. Pictures are better on that site.

Machine tool | Auctions Online | Proxibid

Bob

A year and a half ago, and partly because South Dakota is the ONLY US State I have not worked in or ever set foot in, I might have taken it on.

It isn't a W&S, it isn't even a Gisholt.

But for its size, it would have been a credible turret lathe once that manual chuck was replaced with power-operated workholding of a race more appropriate to sustaining throughput.

I no longer have the physical space left to even serve as "warehouseman" for a younger man to make a project of it some future day down the line.

10EE are akin to Will Roger's quip to the effect that:

"Land is always a good deal, if only because they have quit making it."

:)

Back