What's new
What's new

WTB: MG Generator Field Coils

Stull interested in a set of these coils if anyone has a pair they are willing to part with.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Eric,

I'd far rather send you an entire, working when last run, piggyback exciter MG set. No charge.

It should have a good cleaning, new bearings, brushes, commutator resurfaced, but was documented as working in PM threads by the previous owner.

All I've done since - beside TRIP over it - was to remove it in favour of Eurotherm/Parker-SSD DC Drive power.

Skidding, palletizing, even crating is in my arsenal. Also no charge.

Trick is to find an affordable way the ship the bugger.

How it is prepped/packaged may be a factor in that classification & cost, so I'll await guidance.

I'll probably pull the second one in favour of SSD drives as well. I just want to get some performance measurements and 'scope traces off it first to fill a gap in the PM library.

I somewhat in the same boat..... I have a working MG 10EE. This MG is a spare (cluttering up my shop) with bad coils. Found a potential buyer for it within driving distance but want to ensure its fully functional for the guy.

I somewhat in the same boat..... I have a working MG 10EE. This MG is a spare (cluttering up my shop) with bad coils. Found a potential buyer for it within driving distance but want to ensure its fully functional for the guy.

I have the coils out and at the motor shop for quote.

ACK.

Demand is rare, distance seems always "worst case", and yet... they don't make these new, any longer, so I hate to let it exit the "pool" in case someone needs it to restore the smoothest-of-all-10EE's.

Back