What's new
What's new

Alarm A - 1727 tow along

EnginCycles

Aluminum
I am experiencing an alarm that is both a first and seems odd. The last time the machine was running the tail stock was not engaged. The 2nd to last time it was running the tail stock was used (same day). I used the tow along which is essentially a plunger that hooks up the tail stock to the turret and allows you to move it with the handwheel. Nice feature (til now). When I turned on the machine it will not allow any functions except to manually move the Z axis and clamp and unclamp the chuck. Nothing else functions and everything in MDI throws the alarm.

I took apart the tow along on the tailstock and it appears to be a sensor of some sort but other than some dried up coolant on the bolts it seems totally fine. I have tried moving the tailstock with it to see if it changes something.

Anyone experience this alarm and how did you resolve it other than calling in a tech?

Thanks,
Drew

Find the diagnostic bit for that sensor and see if it's working. I'm not sure what it would be on an Okuma. You might try posting in the main CNC section. This Okuma sub section gets no traffic.

Back