What's new
What's new

Alarm 609 b bdu 'mg'

ar_rahko

Plastic
We have an Okuma Cadet-V with the osp5020m control.

It is has a 609 b bdu 'mg' on start up that will not clear. This problem started maybe 2 months back but would go away when restarted. Now it will not go away.

When checking the drive I see that the top board has a red 'ol2' led turned on but can not find any info on it.

I have seen a couple old post similar to this but no results posted.

If anyone can steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Art

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

A) I would give your okuma distributor a call. Morris Great Lakes has been super helpful for me in diagnosing problems on older machines.

B) I have a Cadet L1420 with the 5020 control and we had some odd stuff happening that wouldn't clear. I had an industrial electronics guy come in and he ended up replacing all the capacitors on the VAC drive. The original ones had started leaking oil and not working correctly.

My issue went away after that.

Might be good to have someone take a look at it.

Thank you for the reply, I have been talking with Chad at Morris and he has been helpful. We are thinking it is in one of the boards for the for the magazine drive. Chad said the ol2 led light is for a board overheat but the strange thing is this is happening just on startup. For a while we could restart the machine and it would start the second time without the alarm and run all day. Now it has the alarm every time we turn it on.

Sounds an awful lot like a progressively worsening component on that board.

We checked around on getting the drive repaired.

Okuma was
$1800 and 7-10 days for rebuild,

$2300 and 7-10 days for exchange

$6000 new

Rebuild out in Washington state was $1900 and 2-3 days.

Picked up a used drive on ebay for $750 and installed it. We had the same code with a different light on (ocs this time instead of ol2). Tried swapping the middle board with our old one and that solved the problem.

So the problem was in our drive and the used one we bought also had an issue but we were able to make one good one out of the two.

The drive was a BLIID 30A for the tool changer.

Back