What's new
What's new

Boring bar tool change crash

clayton

Aluminum
I made the rookie mistake and had a boring bar sticking out to far back and it stopped the turret from making a tool change.

Got it moving again but it struggles to make certain tool changes and stops.

What do I need to look for on resolving this and getting my turret spinning like normal again?

Machine is an Okuma Cadet LNC-8

Thank you, Clayton

I made the rookie mistake and had a boring bar sticking out to far back and it stopped the turret from making a tool change.

Got it moving again but it struggles to make certain tool changes and stops.

What do I need to look for on resolving this and getting my turret spinning like normal again?

Thank you, Clayton

If you know the make and model of your machine maybe you could share that info with us.

I'm not sure about that exact model, but you may have slipped the turret on the shaft that rotates it. Some are splined, some are pinned, some have a friction fit. It depends how that one is built. Either way, the switches that tell the turret where it is and when to pull it could be out of time with the actual position of the curvic coupling. Again, depends how it was built.

Can you be more specific about what it is doing? What does it do before it stops?

hy clayton :) i dont know your machine, but i only hope that turret did not index a lot before the crash : thus maybe 1 post ? otherwise, if there was time for it to gain speed, than ...

i really have no clue how your turret indexes, but if a mechanical missalingment occured than there is no confirmation when indexig ...

maybe you can share some errors ? but i guess you will have to do some interventions ... kindly !

Back