What's new
What's new

cnc optional specifications

deadlykitten

Banned
hello guys :)

after asking a few things on this forum, i was told that i should buy / check some options for the lathe :
... grdnanthy recomended the "CENTER COMP" for Y axis turning

this option is not listed on the " Optional Specs & Accessories list" ( attached )

if i search through manuals for "CENTER COMP" : nothing
if i look inside the "programing manual" or "special functions manual" : nothing

something is not right : it seems to me that there are hidden capabilities, that not everybody is aware of

is there a full list with all of these?
or is it something rare, like an updated_system_variable_list, hard to find ?
or the cnc's delivered to America have a better standard package ?

i don't know what to say ... kindly !

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 154

"something is not right : it seems to me that there are hidden capabilities, that not everybody is aware of

is there a full list with all of these?
or is it something rare, like an updated_system_variable_list, hard to find ?"

That list you posted of available options (out of the machine flyer) is very simplified and for the purpose of marketing. Depending on the machine you have, the list for available hardware and/or software options could be several pages long. It is up to your local Okuma distributor to present the full list of available options and work with the customer to chose the correct ones to include with the machine to fill your needs. This full list of options is usually presented at the time of machine purchase, and is usually included on the machine quote presented from your local Okuma distributer.

This is not an Okuma thing. I assure you that most European and Japanese machine tools companies do not openly list all available options, as this list is always being added to and the industry is very competitive. In addition, the description of some options can be cryptic and need to be explained to the customer on how they will help them run their machine or solve a certain problem.

This full list of options is always changing as technology changes. I assure you this list is not hard to find, and all Okuma distributors have access to it. I would contact them to have them discuss your needs.

Back