What's new
What's new

Deciphering Memory Screen

AMWFS

Plastic
Hello All,

I was hoping someone could help me decipher this memory screen. It is on a U10M control on a 1998 Okuma ES-V4020. After looking through a ton of forums as well as the manuals and original data sheets for the machine it appears the machine would at worst case have 64K of memory and at best 512KB of memory. The data sheet from 1998 shows only the 64K. We are looking at purchasing this machine for a job that has to run close to a 2MB program.

I have read and looked into the DNC-B option to drip feed, the data sheets do not show this option on the machine and the cost of the option through Okuma and more importantly the lead time for them to install puts it out of the question.

However the memory screen we were able to pull up looks like this:

OkumaMemoryscreen.JPG

This would appear to us to show 2304KB of memory. Could someone please comment and clarify for us?

The only other option I could think of to discover this would be to travel to the machine, dump all the programs and see what memory is free?

We sincerely appreciate any help.

Best Regards,

AMW

Attachments

• Okumamemoryscreen.jpg
    Okumamemoryscreen.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Okumamemoryscreen.jpg
    Okumamemoryscreen.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 64
It looks as if it has 2.3Mb of memory (program storage).
If you're going for the drip feed option, I highly suggest the DNC-DT option.
Don't forget that you don't HAVE to use MD1 as your program storage, there are other directories. Just be very careful on what you delete in those directories. ;)

Back