What's new
What's new

A few LNC8 operating questions

Jay Fleming

Hot Rolled
I finally got my LNC8 Cadet powered up. I jogged the turret in both axes, rotated the turret, and jogged the spindle. I have a few questions based on things I tried to do but couldn't get to work. I'm sure I'm omitting some pertinent information, so if there is something specific that I may have done or didn't do, just ask.

1. Is the tailstock body only manually moved or can it be "joined" to the turret per the operating manually?

2. Is there an interlock that interrupts the tailstock extention or retraction? Pressing either pedal does nothing.

3. Same question about the Chuck. Pressing the pedal does nothing.

4. While jogging the spindle using MDI M42S2000, the spindle speed indicator showed a limit of 1100 or so RPM. Is this a parameter, or was this set by a previous G50?

I will probably have more questions as I play with it more, but these are what I can remember now.

Jay

Our tailstock body moves only manually.

If you get no movement from the tailstock or the chuck, then I would 1st make sure that you have hydraulic pressure.

If pressure is good, there is a page on the control that sets chuck or chuck and tailstock .

Your last question about speed could be the g50. Give it a higher g50 value in mdi, then see if you can get it to increase above the 1100.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info on the tailstock. I assume it's pretty hard to move by hand. How far do you have to loosen the clamp screws? I backed them off about a turn or 2 and couldn't budge it but it could be glued to the bed with oil.

I'm getting hydraulic pressure to all places, according to the gauge. The machine has been sitting for over a year, so there is a slight chance the lines could be clogged. I'll look at the control manual and see what it says about the chuck and tailstock. I'll also try a different G50 and see if that helps.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

There is a page to set whether a bar feed is turned on or not. If it's turned on the pedal won't open or close the chuck. Should still work in MDI though.

I tried in MDI also. Can't remember what command, M86 I think, and nothing happened, assuming I used the correct sequence. Get to the MDI screen, press data inp, type M86, press cycle start?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back