What's new
What's new

M560 tool change issues

Captdave

Titanium
Since the weather has got cooler we have been having an issue with the tool changer hanging up on the first tool change of the morning. The shop heat is set to 50* overnight then warms up to 60* by 7Am.

After the warmup cycle the first tool change the swing are rotates about half way and stops. We manually MDI through the tool change and then its ready to go, once in awhile we'll have to do two manual cycles but not often. It doesn't matter which tool or pot is first up so I don't think its tool related.

Just curious if anyone else has run into this and if so what you did to remedy it?

TIA

I have switched operation mode and got mine stuck in a tool change. Dropped the probe to the table even though the tool clamp led was lit. :(

Our shop gets colder than that some mornings. Have not had an issue in the last year with the 560. One of the dampers on the magazine door failed letting it slam shut.

What does your distributor say?

It's got to be a sensor hanging up somewhere. The swing arm is all servo cam driven so I can't see temp actually effecting the drive mechanism. I've had the air valve come apart up above the carousel, that valve controls the door and the tip of the tools for clearance. I've also had the tool changer hang on the same tool a couple cycles in a row for no apparent reason and then get better. But issues are few and far between for the most part.

If you look in the book you can find the step by step sequence of the tool change, you might be able to divine which step is causing the problem. It's also handy when you really mess up a tool change, like by putting a dual contact holder in the magazine backwards (still haven't figured out how the operator pulled that off) and then letting the changer try to stuff it into the spindle.

Back