What's new
What's new

Manuals LNC-8 Cadet OSP5020L 1994 and coolant pressure question

Wade C

Stainless
Curious of any of you that have a lathe with an OSP5020 roughly 1994 vintage (LNC-8 Cadet, no live tools no sub spindle, just a tail stock and turret), and have the manuals, if you might be able to tell me what the book number/edition is for the manual that actually contains info on running the machine... such as G and M codes, programming examples for LAP etc, tool setting screens, and such.
I spent 150 on ebay for a set of books I thought was the ticket... nope. covers next to nothing but live tools and C axis. Which - if I cant find anything better, will likely use as a guide to try and figure things out - but since I dont have the machine powered up yet, I cant say if it will be helpful or not. So in the mean time Im searching for the right manual.

Ive been working with Hartwig (my regions okuma dealer) and the gal there has been chasing and chasing... so far, she can get just about everything you want to know about the machine... parts book, maint, setup, etc... but finding anything that covers actually operating it is being a bit more illusive. I thought my 1980 LC-10 OSP3000 manual was poor... but at least it contained all the info... it was just scattered out through out in a way that made little sense without reading cover to cover... but so far, best I can find there is nothing in what I have about actual G and M codes, how to use them, set tools, etc...

So I figured if I could come up with what the number was for the book, then that might help her find what Im looking for. I think she is just as baffled and confused about the lack of info as I am.

On the coolant question... any ideas what kind of pressure the lines and connectors at the turret can handle? Its got a little low pressure pump on it, and Im wanting to get up to the 150-200 psi range if I can... but dont want to cause damage. Anyone do a coolant upgrade on a mid 90s lathe and know what it can handle?

Thanks
Wade

Wade,

I have several, on programming, per say.. I have a 91, and a 94 machine.
Operation manual, publication number 3272-E-R3, from 11/1991
Special functions, is a set of 3 books, Pub number 3289-E-R1, FROM SEPT 90
Programming, m's g's parameters ect. Pub number 3277-E-R4 janu. of 93
Alarm codes (THE Bible!!) pub number 3274-E-r3 from 8/1993

Look for these to get you started, Try morris great lakes, or R.E. Morris if you dead end. have your serial number ready in case they ask..
Best of luck

Regards,
Chris

She found all of those manuals... so I have PDFs on the way on a flash drive. Thanks for the lead! Im glad I thought to ask here!

Wade

Hi Wade.
I am Daniel
I searched the pub no 3274-e-r3, but I don't find it, Could you help me pleasse, I need the parameters.

regards

From Fulcircleny's post, it shows that manual is the alarm manual?
Do you have Programming, m's g's parameters ect. Pub number 3277-E-R4 janu. of 93 - it sounds like that would be the book with the parameters?

I have that manual, but its too big for me to email. Might check with your Okuma dealer, they might be able to send you all of those in a flash drive like mine did?
Wade

Back