What's new
What's new

NC4PS Non-functioning MST Codes

robstah

Aluminum
Hey guys,

I have been having issues trying to diagnose a Okuma Howa NC4PS with Fanuc 6T control. The machine starts up fine, hydraulics kick in and run at the proper pressures. I can home both Z and X with lights lit up, but as soon as I try any MST code in MDI, I get nothing. Zero alarms, zero movement, just nothing. I can't open and close the chuck. Can't use the tailstock, and can't rotate the tool changer. When I input the MDI code and press start, I do get a start cycle light, but nothing happens. I can cancel the light by hitting Feed Hold and can clear it by hitting reset. It doesn't help that I get zero alarms and outside of the LEDs lighting up with the pedals and such, the sequence doctor shows nothing for MST and 124. If you have any insight to this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Could be a few things. Lube pressure sensor comes to mind. Some machines just sit there in feed hold if the lube sensor is not working. Mori Seikis are famous for this kind of behavior if the edit lock key is in the "off" position.

Back