What's new
What's new

Need help with barfeed on Okuma

amgearinc

Plastic
We just got an LB3000EX-II MYW this our first Okuma lathe. Can anyone send a sample program for using an Edge barfeeder? We have only dealt with Fanuc up to this point. We have an OSP 300PL control.

Last edited:
Edge bartender.....must have been a long day ;)

Which edge barfeeder did you get? I saw a version that ran through software installed on the okuma controls pc. I think it used an eithernet connection and the anybus interface. It was a slick setup but a little pricey. They also had a basic version that ran through the std bar feeder interface.

Connecting the Technologies : Production Machining

We use a MACRO .SSB Program I wrote to use W axis as a Bar Puller which accurately positions bar and has a faster cycle time than the bar pusher I used on a Doosan with a FANUC Control

Barfeeder is an Edge Rebel V-65 Servo Short Loader. We just have the standard barfeeder interface.

I'm about to pull the trigger on either an LNS or Edge barfeeder for an Okuma lathe. How has your barfeeder been working so far? How was the learning curve?

We use a MACRO .SSB Program I wrote to use W axis as a Bar Puller which accurately positions bar and has a faster cycle time than the bar pusher I used on a Doosan with a FANUC Control
I know this is a very old post but I'm in need of this exact program.... when edge finished there setup on our lb3000 they took little time to train us on the program format. The application tech from okuma wrote me a great program for position feeding using macro... I understand the macro he used and tried to edit/manipulate it to be able to pull with subspindle(w) and just load a new bar when I get the end of bar signal... no luck... can't get feeder to subtract parts... I even tried lying to it and giving the situation of a part length just as long as material and also a few other things... it's probably something super stupid i am overlooking lol any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The "dumb" method we use to do that is to "push" the part after the pull but before the main spindle clamps. The stock doesn't actually move, as its clamped by the sub, but it does remeasure part so it knows where its at. This does eat some cycle time, but gets the job done.

I've never bothered testing if you could do this with the main spindle closed, which would make it cycle time neutral.

I'd be interested in a cleaner solution too, but our method makes parts so...

The "dumb" method we use to do that is to "push" the part after the pull but before the main spindle clamps. The stock doesn't actually move, as its clamped by the sub, but it does remeasure part so it knows where its at. This does eat some cycle time, but gets the job done.

I'd be interested in a cleaner solution too, but our method makes parts so...
I did that just to get it going lol I guess we all are allowed to be guilty at "getting it done" from time to time

I know this is a very old post but I'm in need of this exact program.... when edge finished there setup on our lb3000 they took little time to train us on the program format. The application tech from okuma wrote me a great program for position feeding using macro... I understand the macro he used and tried to edit/manipulate it to be able to pull with subspindle(w) and just load a new bar when I get the end of bar signal... no luck... can't get feeder to subtract parts... I even tried lying to it and giving the situation of a part length just as long as material and also a few other things... it's probably something super stupid i am overlooking lol any help would be appreciated

Got it figured out with a little trial and error. No more asinine movements of barfeeder adding cycle time... yay

please, if you pull with the subspindle, consider that this is the most expensive method :)

yes, it works, but ... kindly !

please, if you pull with the subspindle, consider that this is the most expensive method :)

expensive should mean fast :) think exotic cars ...

but in this case, it does not mean fast, because there is no time gain ... actually is downtime, so i should not say "the most expensive method", but "pretty worse" :)

again, if this works and this are the possibilites at the moments, than just go, and try to craft alternative solutions when you will have time

there may be a lot of work to do ... but it is good to be able, and have the conditions, to catch back up :) kindly !

Back