What's new
What's new

okuma lb-15 with osp5000l-g control z axis limit

m.sherman

Plastic
I just bought this lathe not new to cnc machining just to okuma lathes
The z axis stops 6 inches short of the chuck. So my od tool wont make it to my jaws in z only x is fine.
I think this is a parameter issue if anybody can help with this that would be appreciated

Before you change it. Make a photo of it. So you van set it back. Maybe you can make a photo so i can help you. I'm not on my work. The variable limits could also be stored after the zero-button. Send a photograph i wil help you

I am skeptical to change parameters with out 100 percent knowing which exact one.
there are pages and pages of parameters i need a little guidance on where to start.

Send photographs of your problem and of the parameters. Maybe you can ask the seller if they changed the p variable limit

It is pretty easy to do and you really can't mess up too bad. However I would recommend you get the manual and or call okuma and they will walk you through it. Just write down the previous number however it won't really matter since it is wrong but it will tell you if you went the wrong way. Also you might want to make sure your limit switch's are working before you do this as the machine will crash if they are not.

Ok i got it i was just timid about messing with parameters it is more like a setting than any thing else
thanks for the help

Ok, nice. Normaly you set this limit once en never change it. It's designed to prevent hitting the longest tool in the turret against the plating.

Back