What's new
What's new

Okuma M415v Boot up

RedCore

Plastic
Hello All,

I have just begun booting up an Okuma M415v vertical milling center and have had a few error messages thrown at me i cant work around.

The first of which is an Operator message saying EX218 Magazine position error. The machine has a Fanuc 21i-M control system.

If anyone could help it would be a massive help and if any additional information is needed let me know.

REDcore

Operator messages are just that, messages. You need to go to the alarm screen and see what the problem is.

Do you have a copy of the ladder? The easiest way to clear alarms is to go to the "system" page on the control. Look for a "PCI" softkey. Then try to find the ladder or PCI ladder. Every control is a little different. Near the top of the ladder should be be E-stop section. Find the E-stop section and see what rung of the E-stop ladder is active. If the rung is bright colored, it is active, if it's dim, it's not active. Any rung that is active in the E-stop is causing the machine to go into emergency stop. You have have to clear all these rungs before the machine will run.

If you identify what rungs in the e-stop are active, you can page down to the appropriate part of the ladder for that circuit. It sounds complex, but it's pretty easy.

If you have a copy of the ladder diagram you can post or a picture of the control screen in the e-stop section of the ladder you can post I'm sure we can get you sorted out.

20160523_121620[2].jpg20160523_121628[1].jpg20160523_121634[1].jpg20160523_121639[1].jpg20160523_121741[1].jpg

I do have 3 Error messages on the screen right now that tell me that the X,Y,Z axis are not zeroed. The code to which are 300. I just cant move or use the machine with the errors and messages activated. I have attached the ladder you asked for, I think. let me know if you need anymore information.

Thanks for the help

Back