What's new
What's new

Okuma M560 - Anyone using IFTTT and RDP?

Mooner

Aluminum
Hi All-

Is anyone successfully using IFTTT and RDP (remotely connecting from PC to Okuma)?

I need to set up some way to notify when programs are finished running. Planning to use IFTTT to communicate to a remote Raspberry Pi and turn on Red / Yellow / Green LEDs much like the indicator pole on top front of the machine. Also would like to be able to remotely connect into the machine from a PC for housekeeping (eg file management).

If yes, please point me to some helpful info. The IFTTT "documentation" on the Gosiger / Okuma app store page is pretty thin... Not terribly helpful...

Thanks!

to communicate to a remote Raspberry Pi and turn on Red / Yellow / Green LEDs much like the indicator pole on top front of the machine

hi mooner, set your lamp to light on only at M02, thus only at program end

this way, the lamp will not light at program stop ( M0 )

if you still wish to have the lamp light on at M0, simply let the lamp parameters as they are, and use a VUACM right before program end, so to trigger the error light :)

remotely connect into the machine from a PC

if pc at far distance then team viewer, else local network ( our computer guy solved it )

here, at work, i am conected with all cncs

please be aware about the possibility to infect the computer control

is good to have back-ups, and keep the file transfer only to minimal required files

each win application that will create a background service will slow down a bit the computer on the cnc

all the best :)

I tried RDP Worked ok but then had to reboot the control. It logged me out of the control overlay and the display was corrupted till reboot. Team viewer might work better since it doesn't log the local user out.

Instagram

I have been planning on installing the IFTT but haven't yet.

Tying into beacon signals with a microcontoller would work. 24vdv just needs optoisolated to step it down to TTL.

hi trolltuner, shareware teamviewer sessions are limited

at the end a message is displayed : thank you for being fair, this was a free sesion sponsored by teamviewer; etc

many users are looking for a solution to by-pass the free sesion pop-up window

i am ok with that, and my interventions dont take long

Back