What's new
What's new

Okuma OSP5020M Parameters Pages

Stov3top

Plastic
I am looking for the home position parameters page to set up my G30 P#'s, home position movement order etc. I have looked all through the parameters pages in the controller, but comparing it to the manual I found there seems to be some missing pages. Anyone have any idea if there is a certain parameter I need to enable to get access to these?

hy :) i am sorry, i dont have experience with osp5020m, but it may be a setting in your parameters page that allows enabling/disabling some parameter windows; thus, home positions may be disabled, thus it is there, but not displayed :)

"home position coordinates", "movement order" and "in position width for home position" should be inside management data card

also, maybe on a file inside the cnc, but i am not sure about this for 5020m; kindly !

Ok i figured it out, under NC Optional Parameter (Bit), #16 Bit 7 needed to be changed to 1. The only issue I am having is once i leave the parameters menu, and come back it resets back to 0. Any ideas on how to get it to stay set to 1?

pls check this dialogue :) i only copy-pasted it here :) if this does not work for you, than pls send a private message with your e-mail :)

The control is OSP-U10M. Does anyone know why it is that I can set home position and home position order parameters, but they are lost on the next power up?

How soon after you change the positions do you shut off the power? If you cycle the power too soon it will not save it (if you wait long enough it will do the backup automatically). If you want to manually perform the backup, after you change the home position hit the "extend"
softkey so you see the "backup" softkey. Hit the backup softkey, then wait until the "BA" clears in the lower left corner (the cursor comes back). Then cycle the power and see if they are still there or not.

I had no idea that this control periodically saves the settings to the non-volatile memory. Backup-softkey did the trick, thank you.

hy, pls check attached pack :) all you can eat :)

stuff for home position :
... in position width > absolute axis tolerance for in position, thus after a home movement, axis will be at home coordinate + tolerance = t; t = ipw <> 0; reducess stress on cnc :)
... linear interpolation > if a home position is not required to be absolute, thus the tolerance t can be much more greater than ipw, like t = 50 mm, than you don't need this; also, if the movement to home is not on multiple axis ( syncro ), than again, you don't need it :) if a part is big, and you must go arround it, for example, on a diagonal ( syncro, simultaneous movement on more than 1 axis ), than if "linear interpolation" is not enabled, there will be no syncro, or maybe a delayed syncro :) should i explain this much better ?
... system variables :) so to have more control from code / all the best :)

ps : i can't attach the file ... pls feel free to contact me if you have question about this :) tricks here are not for osp5020M, but osp3oo

if there are system variables on 5020m, than it may be a chance for you too, Stov3top ...

Back