What's new
What's new

okuma osp700L chuck not opening or closing

@newguy

Plastic
Hello I am having a problem with the chuck not opening or closing, both sensors work correctly but i keep getting the alarms(1725 alarm A CHUCK ls-sol mismatch) (no chuck clamp/unclamp confirmation).Before i was able to operate the chuck even with these alarms i would just fix the sensors but not anymore. I read in another site that it could be the RU-1 board does anyone have a picture of how it looks?? i tried going through the books but i cant seem to find it. Thank you

What do you mean by "just fix the sensors but not anymore"?
It's not uncommon to have to adjust them for every setup depending where in the chuck's travel it clamps on the work.
Do the lights light up on the prox switches?
Does Clamp/Unclamp light on control function?
The prox switches could be so close together that both switches are being made when the chuck clamps or unclamps.
Or did someone set it for ID clamping and you are OD clamping?

You are right, sometimes I have to adjust the prox switches when changing setups.
The Prox switches do light up and so do the lights on the control function.
I do know about the switches being to close together can cause problems.
My problem is I cant open or close the chuck with the foot switch. It doesn't work in MDI neither.
This is why I think it might be the RU-1 board, but I have no idea how it looks or where it is.
Thanks.

I would expect it to work in MDI.
Does the lathe have a barfeeder? Maybe that is turned on in the settings?
Sorry that's all I can think of. I don't know anything about a RU-1 board.

It does have a bar feeder.I will check the settings. It is weird that it just stopped working. It was running fine, loaded a new bar and this is when chuck would no longer open or close.

Check the controller or E-stop on the barfeeder. Maybe you bumped something loading the new bar.
My chuck still clamps/unclamps thru the program even if the barfeeder is not in auto mode. It just unclamps and sits waiting for a signal from the barfeeder.

Its the solenoid valve plug. It smells burnt. I don't have a part number for this. Do you know where i can get this?

Thanks.

Back