What's new
What's new

Okuma P300 control - external touchscreen monitor

Mooner

Aluminum
At IMTS, on the Genos M560 display machine, they were showing an external Viewsonic capacitive touch-screen display bolted onto the side of the control panel. It seemed to seamlessly integrate with the rest of the Windows-based software and Okuma AppStore apps - windows and widgets could simply be dragged back and forth between the built-in and external displays.

IMG_5904.jpg

Is this something anyone else has installed? Would it actually be useful? :scratchchin:

Ordered the M560, wondering if this is something I should think about adding. These monitors seem pretty cheap and readily available:

Amazon.com: ViewSonic TD222 22-Inch Screen LED-Lit Touch Display Monitor: Computers & Accessories

BTW: Photo is the new high-column option version.

hy :) you know, is a good idea to watch movies if the setup is stable / what do you think ? or why would you need another screen ?

and do you have a smartphone ? how many aplications are critical on your phone ? how many okuma app store are critical ? no ofense, if you get deeper, you will see what "an ashtray on motorbike" means :)

don't get lost :) you don't need a 2nd screen, if you think critical :) for fancy stuff, yes, but all fancies can be done without it/2nd screen :)

at this moment, 2nd screen + whatever software is not a must :)

wait for AI to develop and deliver auto-machining much closer to reality / at that moment, also cutting may be replaced by 3d printers ? i don't know ...

I have used an added monitor when I was doing demos or training on new machines but not for everyday use. The things i could see it being useful for would be to have a print, data collection spreadsheet, or things of that nature displayed.

Is this something anyone else has installed? Would it actually be useful? :scratchchin:

It would most definitely be useful if you utilize apps, or go to the folders for setup sheets often.
Since I post my setup sheets in the same folder as my programs for my operators, they would LOVE a 2nd monitor! It would make their job a lot easier.

The second monitor looks real handy if you are running a camera inside the machine so you can see what is going on if you are running high pressure coolant (much easier to direct a small air blast to clean a camera lens rather than a whole door). I believe you do have to have the external monitor interface option installed.

so you can see what is going on if you are running high pressure coolant

lathes are hard too see even on normal coolant pressure ; also, for internal camera, all system can be independent from the cnc; thus, streaming not only to that monitor, but everywhere :)

they would LOVE a 2nd monitor!

if i may : i guess they will fall on knees, praying to don't remove those screens; maybe they will pay for it, if somehow you decide to remove them ? i mean, this is love, ain't it ?

Since I post my setup sheets in the same folder as my programs for my operators ...

a 2nd monitor for such a thing is a waste of electricity; for inspecting "setup sheets" or whatever, there is alt+tab; you may also post the setup on screen as an wallpaper :)

normal monitor is ON much more than it's required; a power save should fix this :)

think green ...

on/off consumes more power than normal state, so timing is an issue here / i wonder if there are variables to control this ?

I've been running a second monitor for some time now. Very handy for demo's, running Thinc and OSP Suite Apps.

In order to run second touch screen, you need get the external monitor interface from Okuma. It is called EXTERNAL ANALOG MONITOR IF

If you just want to run a second monitor (non-touch), then you can buy any aftermarket USB to VGA/HDMI adapter.

Back