What's new
What's new

Osp-p200m dnc/rs232

Jefflikesbagels

Plastic
Has anyone ever been able to set up the serial port for sending out DNC messages? The machine is in a production environment, and I'd like to be able to send out quick "cycle start/stop" messages over the serial port to our CIMCO DNC server (and eventually probing variable datalogging).

Our other Fanuc based machines use DPRNT[] in order to do so (example: DPRNT[MSGCYCLESTART]). I can manually send/receive programs over RS232 on the Okuma on the program page, but I need something that I can automate. I've also figured out how to write to local files using FWRITC MD1:TEST.CSV;A and the subsequent READ/WRITE/GET/PUT commands. I tried to manipulate this to run over the CN1: serial port, but it didn't like it.

I'm currently waiting on a reply from Gosiger app support, but I was surprised at how little information there is on the interwebs for this subject, hence me creating a thread.

Thanks guys.

Jeff,

Nine months later...

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I just ran into the exact same problem. Any help appreciated!

-Sam

Back in September of last year we got an email from CIMCO on how to do this, but unfortunately I rarely get to work on the Okuma anymore, so I have not tried to see if it works.

Here is all you should need. First line program name, second line is the MACCYCLESTART, Third line is the part number, four line is the RS232 port number and the last line sends it out the serial port. The machine files here have the Macros in them.

$A1234
PUT'[MACCYCLESTART]'
PUT'[MOULD]'
PUT $0D0A
WRITE 1

PUT'[MACCYCLESTOP]'
PUT $0D0A
WRITE 1
M30

I hope this helps. I am not sure if you need to have either the DNC-B or DNC-DT option installed first. Let me know if you get it going!

Back