What's new
What's new

OSP-U10L feed rate parameters question

EnginCycles

Aluminum
et al,
I am trying to figure out how to make the feed rate override have an effect on the rapid as well. I have a Crown L1060 that if I am not in single block the feed rate override does not effect the rapid. It makes for a hell of a moment when you realize you are not in single block when the turret rapids at a lightning pace since you thought you had it on 5%! 95% of the time when one is checking a program single block is on but when the mistake happens it would be really nice to have it covered. Unfortunately I know it sucks when you forget.

I read through all the parameters but can not seem to find a way to make the override effect rapid as well. It does effect the rapid in single block but not if it is not on.

Thanks in advance.

-Drew

I don't think you can do it on that control. Starting with the U100 you could.

Yes, it's very scary if you don't know it's coming. I think it is possible to retrofit a rapid override, but you will need help from Okuma.

Well at least that confirms I am not crazy. It sure seems to make sense to me. On my Haas I guess I got use to make sure the feedrate was down which in turn would remind you the single block was not on! I doubt after today I will make that mistake anyway.

turn the rapid rate parameter down during setups or buy the rapid override switch.

I don't think you can do it on that control. Starting with the U100 you could.

Yes, it's very scary if you don't know it's coming. I think it is possible to retrofit a rapid override, but you will need help from Okuma.

I have a U100 lathe and it behaves the same way OP's machine does. Rapid override only during single block. Any idea what parameter to play with to turn that on to override all the time?

Back