What's new
What's new

P200M Gauging System Manual

Stephan Spears

Aluminum
Hi experts,

I have been looking online for gauging systems instruction manual for OSP P200. All that I have found is an instruction manual for OSP E100M. I wonder if anyone here has a gauging systems instruction manual for OSP P200.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Stephan

I sent you one over. Let me know if you need a bit of sample code for the okuma probing. (I prefer the renishaw routines personally)

Thank you very much Mr.M. You have been a great help.

If that is not too much trouble, would you mind also sending me some sample codes that you mentioned?

Plus, I wonder have you looked into the codes of the OO01, OO02 cycles? Do you have an idea how to retrieve them from OKUMA control?

Thank you very much Mr.M. You have been a great help.

If that is not too much trouble, would you mind also sending me some sample codes that you mentioned?

Plus, I wonder have you looked into the codes of the OO01, OO02 cycles? Do you have an idea how to retrieve them from OKUMA control?

I have sent a few over. Do you mean the OO10 and OO20 macros? You should have samples for each in what I sent. As far as pulling them from the control, what are you trying to do? I've pulled them out on the mills before.
Just make sure that if you are using both the Okuma cycles and Renishaw that you run both calibration cycles as they store it in separate locations.

Thank you Mr.M for your kind reply.

You are right. It should be OO10 and OO20. And I think by pulling the cycles out and reading them, I can learn and maybe it would help me write my own probing cycles.

I would really focus on the Renishaw probing cycles since you have them. They make it a little easier to do "protected positioning" and you can do vector measurement as well.

Hello, Mr.M

Throughout the weekend, I tried to learn from the great work that you've put into probing with OKUMA. I noticed that you have used VNCOM[] a lot and as it is written on the gauging manual, VNCOM[1]=8 would turn on the probe.

However, except from a single line telling us VNCOM is "for communications for automating equipment" on the OSP P200m programming manual, there is no further description on what VNCOM does and how to use it.

Therefore, I am wondering if you would tell me where you get the information on VNCOM?

In addition, have you used G31 on Okuma before? I couldn't find information on it neither.

Sorry for all the trouble. I am new to Okuma. In Fanuc system, we have G31, Skip signal and its delay, #5061~5063... to stored the captured position and other stuff documented very well. It seems not the case in Okuma (or maybe I am still not familiar with it). So your advice will be in great help.

Thanks in advance,

Stephan

Without the VNCOM the mill does not see the skip signal. As far as programming your own cycles using G31, I would need to dig in my notes for that. Are you not wanting to use the Renishaw or Okuma cycles?

Ok. I checked and the variables for sensor contact position are VSAP*(XYZ). That gives you the value from the encoder zero position. There is a sample in the Programming manual, User task section on how you can use that data if unsure. I am unable to post that page from the manual right now though.

Thank you for your reply.

I believe that I have enough information about G31 and VSAP* now. I read it on the OSP 5020M programming manual. However, I still wouldn't be able to find any information regarding "VNCOM". Do you know where I can find a more detailed description on VNCOM?

Currently, we do plan on working with Renishaw cycles. But for the long run, we would prefer to have our own probing cycle, since that might be more customized to our needs. That is why I ask G31.

VNCOM is the communications channel you want to turn on for an external device. In this cause, the VNCOM[1]=8 is for the touch probe input. If using the Okuma cycles, you don't need to enter this code if you command a M127 or CALL OO18 cycle to turn the probe on.

I sent you one over. Let me know if you need a bit of sample code for the okuma probing. (I prefer the renishaw routines personally)

Hi Mr.M

I'm also writing probing cycles and would be very happy to have some sample code (and the renishaw routines...) for the okuma probing.

many thanks!

kind regards

Franz

Below is an example program I have of using a G31 move to check to make sure there are no clamps or obstructions. This is just a very basic example with a custom alarm.

(USED THE SPINLE PROBE TO CHECK FOR A PART FEATURE OR CLAMP)
(PROGRAM WILL ALARM IF IT HITS SOMETHING)
CALL OO18 (TURN PROBE ON)
VSAPX=0 VSAPY=0 VSAPZ=0 (CLEAR SKIP SIGNAL DATA)
VNCOM[1]=8 (MONITOR SPINDLE PROBE ON SKIP SIGNAL)
M130 (ENABLE FEED WITHOUT ROTATION OF SPINDLE)
G91 G31 Y-2.0 F20. (FEED UNTIL SKIP SIGNAL)
IF[VSAPX+VSAPY+VSAPZ EQ 0]NALM1 (IF DOES NOT HIT WILL ALARM)
(IF[VSAPX+VSAPY+VSAPZ NE 0]NALM1 (IF DOES HIT WILL ALARM))
GOTO NEND

(DEFINE ALARM)
NALM1
CALL OO19 (PROBE OFF)
M131 (DISABLE FEED WITHOUT ROTATION)
G0 Z50.
VUACM[1]='BAD PROBE HIT'
VDOUT[992]=9004

NEND
CALL OO19 (PROBE OFF)
M131 (DISABLE FEED WITHOUT ROTATION)
M02

Mr. M,

Would you mind sending me the gauging manual as well? I've been trying to make sense of the OO30 program for tool probing. I've been able to figure out some of the arguments by looking at the mess of uncommented code in the .MSB file, but this is my first Okuma, so I'm still getting a grip on things. Thanks!

Hi,
Me too working on Okuma probing routines and the controller is OSP P200. I am very new to it and struggling a lot in finding the gauging systems instructions manual, sample code for okuma probing, renishaw routines instruction manual. It would be great if you can provide these.

Thanks.

Hi,
I am trying to simulate Okuma probing cycles program in Vericut. But i do not have OO10, OO20 etc. Okuma probing cycles sub programs with me. Can any of you provide me those sub programs? Thanks for all your help in advance!!

If anyone has the programs for the Gauging that would be great.... I dont have any of the subs on our machine... thanks Tom

Back