What's new
What's new

please, what are the differences between Genos and MB mills ?

According our region sales agency very rough description: genos is assembled in Taiwan, from taiwan made frame using japan components. MB is completely japan machine. MB is more expensive, but not all of difference is from "cheap" manufacturing in taiwan. MB has lot of options and if cost is not limiting all most anything can be tailored :)

R: Mika

ok, thank you :)

also my dealer said that Genos is not assambled in Japan, but Genos has same absolute encoders like the MB

at this point, we are looking for a basic mill, to machine simple parts

i will take a look on options list for bough machines :) kindly !

My Genos M560 is labeled as made in Japan and the shipping bill of lading is from Japan...

I was told that the Genos mill castings may be CAST and seasoned in Taiwan, but final machining and assembly are done in Japan.

I think the M560 is a sold as a base level mill but it is much better than the average commodity level 40x20 mill. The control, rigidity and speed are really a step above. Yes, the MB is best vertical from Okuma but I think the differences are pretty small and very specific to certain types of work. Mold work for example, the Genos will do it better than any other entry level mill, but the MB is better yet.

For a general duty vertical I really think it tough to beat the 560.

Back